Last General Conference Elder Perry talked about living more simply. Click here to read it. I looove this idea. I really think that self-discipline is the answer to the lifestyle problems I have. If I had more self-discipline I could not do that impulse buy....If i had more self discipline I could drink herb tea instead of eating a donut to unwind. If I had more self-discipline I would walk into my bathroom right now and wash the stickiness off of my hands from the ruby red grapefruit that I got from Costco instead I am getting it all over my keyboard. By the way, have you ever noticed...that people coming out of Costco are very very grumpy? I noticed this in Berkeley. There was one road that people from Costco drove...and boy did they ever speed all the time. On the other hand, the people that were shopping at the local fruit and veggie stand were not speeding...they were polite most of the time. hmmm.
Here's a blog I found: Voluntary Simplicity
Holy COW I'm in love with ruby red grapefruits. Our sneaky fruit and Veggie market sold them for 10 for a buck a couple weeks ago and wowzers I have discovered that you have to peel them like an orange and take off the membrane...this is information from my friend Dinda across the street....How did i go for this long in my life....a whole 36 years..I'm not ashamed to say except that I have never really known the beauty and the joy of eating a grapefruit the right way. I now know that you must peel them like an orange (like I was saying) and then split the membrane and bend the juice part backwards so it extends just right and then you bite it off...
TRY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!
Holy Cow how have I lived?

1 comment:
I love, love, love to eat grapefruits this way too. A long time ago, we visited my sister in AZ during the peak grapefruit season. A true heaven for those who like to eat their ruby reds like an orange, sans membrane.
Post a Comment