Saturday, December 15, 2007

Books and flu shots

We have been doing the busy holiday season here at the St.Clair home. We had two work dinners this week, and a ward dinner tonight. YUMMY and no cooking! Except I guess if you count the mac n cheese I have to make Seth because he won't eat much else. Poor little tiny tim. Colar bone healing well according to the doctor...although the doctor said if the two ends are in the same room they will heal! Then he pulled out the flu shots for all of us and right after I had told Seth there was no way that the doctor was going to give him a shot for his collarbone...argh!! Then I had to make it up by taking Eli and Seth out to Toys r us and getting a sword and Mickey flashlight.... That makes me feel a little better. Eli was just fine with the idea of a shot right through seeing me get a shot and up until Seth got his and screamed his head off...then Eli wasn't really thrilled about it. But he got through it just fine. I'm a hardened mother....I remember almost crying when Isaac got his shots now...it's, how do you want me to hold him down nurse?

Isaac has been reading up a storm. He kind of got caught with thin easy to read books...but when he met the author of "the candy shop war" at the beginning of the year he started diving into the longer more complex stories....I'm thrilled about this because they say it is a real dividing time for kids after fourth grade to see if they read for enjoyment or not.

Sam has been one track on his grant writing this week...poor guy, in at wee hours of the morning and up until late at night writing writing writing. The beast is due next Wed. so we'll be glad to move on to other things....namely Christmas celebrations!!!

No comments: