Friday, September 26, 2008

This is the life





I know I'm living a dream. My own. I never dreamed of having children or a husband or an idealistic life when I was little. A lot of girls plan their wedding and dress up and play dolls and things like that...I didn't really do that...I'm not sure why. I think I was mostly running away from all of my own inadequacies and fears.

But on days like today I wake up and realize I'm living a dream really. A great, fast beautiful dream where my children are great and I feel great and the peaches are getting canned and the meals are getting made and the kids are learning the piano and on and on and on. I love it and

I'm grateful for it.

Did I mention my husband is a hunk? I never really expected that either.

I haven't done much to deserve all this great stuff...I do realize that I'm surfing on the wave of the sacrifices of those who have gone before. I understand that and I'm grateful.

If it all goes away tomorrow I'll still be grateful for it. It's a beautiful life and a beautiful dream. One I'd like to go on and on and on.

1 comment:

Brittany Webster said...

We are grateful for you guys as well! We look up to your family as a great example of a perfect, happy family living the gospel!