Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Working on a top ten for 2008



I have started a top ten list of 2008. Up in the upper numbers would be included ruby red grapfruits, of course. I would also include those mini cabbages...what are they called? ......................Roasted Brussel sprouts thankyou google.

I love them. I didn't know that.

Roasted in olive oil...they are sweet and salty and bitter and everything all in one tinylittle package. Beautiful creation.

In September I turned 36. I have realized that I am officially adult...what is more adult than brussel sprouts and grapefruit?

The other thing that is going in my top ten of 2008 is "hard work" and that proves too that I am officially and unretreatably adult...no kid admits liking work....But this year, I found it to be a refuge, a solid place that releases my mind and fulfills a portion of self-esteem that can't be abased by much else.
So three things so far....maybe numbers six, five and four on the list.

No comments: