Well....I'm starting to get to the age when I don't want to voluntarily tell people my age. Not that I'm ashamed of my age..I'm not. I'm perfectly comfortable in my skin..wrinkling as it may be. It just makes people have instant thoughts of wow, you are really getting up there aren't you? Your biological clock is sure ticking...In fact the other day on NPR a guy said that women in their 50s were "elderly." Ha.Sam and I used to have this debate about how I would respond if my hair were grey...I always said that I would be fine and in fact I looked forward to that day, because older women are respected and listened to a lot more than young women. Sam thought I would think differently..I guess what has really happened is somewhere in the middle of enjoyment and dismay..but I'm really okay with it...the grey hair...really.
Today I went back to school. I'm taking my first class since I graduated from BYU in 1996. (I took the ACT 20 years ago.) I'm going to take Statistics. I loved my first day back and was all nerves but from my sister's advice, I'm going to ride the wave of adrenaline and get ahead in my homework. As I was leaving the house and my precious babies I had a split second of "What the heck am I doing...leaving my precious babies. But I was okay after that.
Go cougs...or here we go....

3 comments:
YAY! Congrats on completing your first day! Please let me know if at night or on Saturday's you need a study session - I am here to babysit! Oh yea - please tell me you took a "first day of school" picture....!
Wow, I'm impressed. Four young children, primary pres., and now you're taking a class. You go girlfriend!
You go girl! But, why Statistics, of all the fun classes you could have taken? I'm thinking art history, geology, sculpture. That is certainly going to jump start your brain.
I agree on the getting old thing. It is weird, isn't it? I try and embrace it, but I sometimes look in the mirror and think, "What the heck happened to me?" It isn't about vanity, but just how weird that life happens.
Post a Comment