
Sam and I went to Sundance outdoor theatre this last weekend in a whirlwind evening trying to spend some quality time together. It was worth the effort!! What a beautiful setting. I was kind of like how you feel when you rush rush rush to try to get a babysitter and do all your work and clean up and finally get to sit down at the temple....sigh I made it. Except the chairs weren't as comfortable.
The play was "The Fantastics." Aparently one of the longest running plays on broadway?? It was a great story and I really loved the music. The story was two "kids" who fall in love because they are next door neighbors and because their fathers are pretending to feud. When the fathers decided to hire an "abductor actor" to end the feud and solidify the marriage the kids become disenchanted with each other and their safe "set up" life. The young man decides to see the world and the girl...of fifteen? falls in love with her abductor. In the end they lose a little of their innocence and come back to fall in love with each other.
For some reason, the idea of refalling in love resounds with me. I love the book "Breathing Lessons" by Anne Tyler for that reason. An older couple falling back into love. It seems so possible to me that, with effort people can fall back into love after something has made them forget why they were their in the first place.

1 comment:
Steve and I were there Friday. What night for you?
Post a Comment