
I had to take Grace to see a doctor up at Primary children's hospital today. It was quite a chore to drive up and find people to watch the kids and find parking and on and on. As I entered the hospital I felt a little sorry for myself being so pregnant and having to carry Grace to the opposite side of the hospital....from the parking!! But of course my own self-pity melted away very very quickly as I saw all those families and children there for much more serious things than Grace. The doctor told me that her cyst was just a cyst and didn't need to be surgically removed. I waltzed out of that hospital as fast as I could with great news in my pocket. I overheard so many sad stories during my entrance and exit. I feel for people. I could just as easily be me or my child so I don't feel sorry for them....I just have strong feelings of empathy for them......

2 comments:
cute picture! i am glad to hear everything is ok with grace! hope you are doing well! miss you guys
That is good news. Hospitals are such interesting places ... Jeff hates them, and can't go in one without getting anxious, even when we visit for happy reasons.
Post a Comment