Tuesday, August 11, 2009

pictures in my mind's eye

I often try to pause time in my own mind's eye. I see little instances of life that I want to capture with a camera but can't put my knife or laundry down to get it. Today it was Grace puckering up to give Eli a kiss after he had begged her for minutes to give him one. She doesn't really know how to pucker up yet so she just sucks in half of her top lip and says, "MMMAA!" Eli was thrilled and I wished to have a camera in my head to capture it. Another moment today was after I had given the three little ones a popscicle and sent them out back to eat them. They were each in a different corner of the yard sucking on their cold dessert. No talking, no movement just cold delicious enjoyment.

No comments: