Monday, September 14, 2009

More on Seth while I remember


I wanted to say a few things about Seth. He is such a sweet little guy. Sometimes I think he has no feeling and no conscience because his facial expressions are fewer in variation that other people. Then he thankfully reminds me by doing something sweet....like giving my enlarged belly a giant blurty and saying it was a present for the new baby.... I have worried so much for that kid. He is so sweet and innocent and straight forward. What will the world do with him? Chew him up and spit him out? He started kindergarten this last week. Mrs. Whitaker is his teacher and he had his birthday in the first week of school, what a lucky fellow. She went above and beyond the call of duty and gave two different crowns, special books, special songs, special jobs and on and on for that kids. I felt so grateful that he gets to go to a school and to a teacher that is so skilled and caring that it makes me not worry so much for him.....yet.

I was thinking about Seth Sunbeam teacher the other day. She is an angel in Seth's history. Seth was no where near ready for Sunbeams. He couldn't sit for three minutes let alone 40 minutes for sharing time and 40 more minutes for class time. This amazing person had five small children of her own at home...very small children and she came every Sunday incredibly prepared to teach Seth and the others and she let Seth lay on her lap and play with strands of her hair and poke and bug and be sweet in only ways that a little Seth could be. And she was happy and grateful for the chance to serve the children and the Lord.....I was amazed. I was grateful, I was inspired and changed. I am eternally indebted to this angel of a teacher.

3 comments:

Lael said...

Nothing makes you grateful for a good teacher like a bad teacher.

Nicki said...

Oh Bryn! How much I love you and your children. I only got to be your neighbor for a year, but I just loved walking home and seeing your sweet boys. I can't tell you how much I wish I could have that joy here. I don't get to see any children. All of your kids are so beautiful and full of love. Your family really did make an impact on my life and I love you all so much!

Unknown said...

Brygirl,

good stuff!!