I woke up on the ninth of September this month and thought about how much can happen in six short years. Six years ago we were in Pennsylvania awaiting our miracle baby little Seth Benjamin. His conception and birth was in fact a miracle. It's not to say that I didn't work hard at it. As anyone who has ventured in the unenvious task of fertility treatments knows, It's not fun. But regardless of the work and the effort Seth's arrival was still out of our hands and directly in the hands of heaven.When Seth was born he broke his collarbone. The doctor didn't catch it. I didn't catch it either even with reactions like this one in this picture, until one week or so later when he would consistently cry on one side only. Sure enough his little bone was split in two and he was crying for a reason poor guy.
I don't know if you can see in this picture but Seth was born with hair that had a nap, like corduroy or velour. Seth loved to watch our mouths. He would immitate and stick out his tongue from early on. He did not like, however to look at peoples eyes...it seemed too much for his little nervous system. What a doll. I was in love with that baby from the first night.

No comments:
Post a Comment